Monday, March 23, 2009

This Blessed House

I found "This Blessed House" to be one of the most interesting readings we have had this semester. I did find it frustrating that the story did not really seem to have much of a point to it and that it also just kind of ended. But at the same time, I found it to be easy reading. I found the contrasting characters of Sanjeev and Twinkle to be especially interesting. Althought it seemed that Sanjeev treated Twinkle as if she was a child at time, I thought that her character was free-spirited and full of life. She did as she pleased without regard to what anyone else thought of her. I thought Sanjeev cared entirely too much what people thought of him and that doing so made him appear on edge all the time. I do believe that having somewhat of a contrasting character between two people is important in any relationship, but the way Sanjeev treated Twinkle made me wonder how much Sanjeev really cared for her or whether he was just listening to the others around him in deciding to marry her.

No comments:

Post a Comment