Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Metaphor For Writing

I thought long and hard about what would be my metaphor for writing. It's a lot harder to figure out than one would think. But I would have to say that I finally came to the conclusion that my metaphor for writing is a sunset on a beautiful day. There is no greater beauty than natural beauty and no greater beauty in writing than putting pen to paper and just writing what you feel. You can just sit there and watch the sun set on a beautiful, warm day and feel nothing but absolute contentment. This is the same way with writing. Sitting in a spot that makes you feel content and just writing whatever you want to write can be relaxing and calming. Once the feelings are on paper, they are gone from you. They can make you feel better. And even though the sun eventually sets, you can leave it knowing that it will be back again. In writing, you can always go back to your words and create more.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's neat how you took a different approach to the assignment...instead of using a metaphor for academic writing, you decided to describe what seems to be relaxing, free writing...I like it... :)

    ReplyDelete